Retiring delight

Monday, 13 September 2010

No sooner do I express fears about Exeter City's season, then they go and record three wins on the spin - one in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy and two in the league - and two are away from home no less. Up to that point, I'd been one of the few who'd witnessed Exeter's previous win on the road, away at Nuneaton in the FA Cup.

So we're now firing on as many cylinders as we've got. Defeating Hartlepool 3-2 was an important result, both in the league and mentally, with victory over Charlton was wonderfully unexpected And Ryan Harley, that little ginger wizard, can't stop scoring. His opener against Hartlepool was a delight.

But that's Exeter. Just as you think they're starting to fail, they turn it around. And vice versa. It's what makes the successes at this club so much the sweeter.

And with that, I think it's time to put this blog into semi-hibernation.

I'm hoping this won't upset all five readers too much, but there's a number of reasons. Largely, I have less and less time, but also because I doubt I'll bring anything new to the table.

Due to various commitments I'm probably only going to make one Exeter game between now and November. And, frankly, if I'm just going to be posting "We won! Yay!" and "We lost. Boo," plus cribbing news from other sources, then there's not much point.

I've always said I'll only blog if I can bring something different to the table - be that actually watching matches, or offering a small bit of analysis and opinion that you can't get elsewhere. But I really don't like copy-and-paste blogs and I really don't want this to become one.

I'll keep this place open, in case things get interesting at the club, or there's something worth writing about. But in the meantime, there's plenty of places to get your City news and fix from. Honestly, if you're reading this, you probably know where they are.

I'm back into optimistic mode again and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season. UP THE CITY.

Bye.

1 comments:

Anonymous 17 September 2010 at 21:24  

Thanks for writing such an entertaining blog. You've always had something worth reading, and although you modestly suggest otherwise, I think you're semi-retirement will leave a thoughtful and reflective gap in all that is written about City.

Happy As Larry

This is an Exeter City fan blog by Gary Andrews, covering news, views and action from the real St. James' Park.

Come on you Grecians!

twofootedtackle Blog Network

Happy As Larry is part of twofootedtackle Blog Network.


  © Blogger template Leaving by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP